EV SSL CERTIFICATES
official partner and supplier of comodo ev ssl certs.
EV SSL Certificates
- EV SSL certificate provides the New Industry Standard for Identity Assurance and Authentication Security
- A Green Trust Indicator in the web browser illustrates that this web site has been validated against the highest standards of Authentication Security
Comodo EV SSL Certificate
FREE Trustlogo worth €100
Full business validated certificate
2048 bit Industry Standard SSL Certificate
99.3% Browser Ubiquity
128/256 bit encryption
Trusted by all popular Browsers
A Brief History:
Until now, because of the way SSL sessions have been displayed in browsers, phishing proponents could potentially apply a "padlock" onto fraud sites by obtaining easily-procured Low Assurance SSL Certificates.
To close this security gap, Certificate Authorities (CA's) - Thawte, Comodo and Geotrust - have taken action by giving consumers the means to distinguish between businesses validated High Assurance Certificates and "domain only" validated Low Assurance Certificates.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, users will clearly see the address bar turn green when they visit a Web site secured with the EV SSL (If you cannot see this then your phishing filter needs to be turned on).
- A display next to the URL will toggle between the organization name, the certificate and the Certificating Authority that issued the SSL Certificate.
- The green bar means that a third party has validated the business, their right to use the domain name, and that the High-Assurance SSL Cert has been legitimately obtained.
- With EV certificates your customers can achieve the same visible trust level as big online merchants.
- Your Ecommerce site will not be confused with low grade security sites that may be scam sites
- EV provides better consumer protection and better trust credentials
- Your customers can tell immediately that you are a very secure and trusted site and that their payment details are safe.
IE 7 address bar for a known phishing website detected by the Phishing Filter
IE7 address bar for a site with a high-assurance SSL certificate (showing the identity of the site from the SSL certificate) (Phishing filter enabled)
See a live EV SLL cert example
Why should I buy EV? It is more expensive and does not give me more protection?
- It gives your site greater credibility as your are seen to be "up to speed" with security issues.
- It protects your customers better.
- They can see that they are connected to a trustworthy website.
- It will help to increase the conversion rate among first-time customers.
- An EV SSL is money well spent.
The EV SSL Certificate Validation Process
This new procedure has been established by the industry group - CA/B Forum - and involves a more rigorous validation procedure.
A business needs to conform to some basic requirements to obtain an EV SSL certificate. The company needs to prove they have:
- Legal status as a company under government regulations.
- A Registration of Incorporation number
- A place of business is in same jurisdiction as its place of business registration.
- An Organization name
- A business name
- A full address and a geographic telephone number to their place of business
Hosting Ireland can now supply you with EV SSL Certificates for €489 for 1 year and €880 for 2 years.
Please contact our sales line USA 1888 2050567 - Ireland 1890 987000 - International +353 51 843464.